Books are treasures of the world.
“Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience, this is the ideal life.” It is clear from this quote that life is nothing without good books! When it comes to the life of a JEE aspirant, the importance of good books multiplies tenfold! With so much to study, and so little time, it is imperative that a JEE aspirant consults the absolute best when it comes to preparation material.
Here are some of the best books to consult
It is universally known that the NCERT syllabus books do not quite fit the bill on their own, especially for the JEE advanced. Be it physics, chemistry, or math, if you are looking to grab a seat at one of the premier engineering institutions of the country, then you must go one step further and grab the best reference books to study from! Let us look at the best books for JEE preparation, subject-wise.
- When it comes to developing an understanding of the subject, there is no better book to consult than Concepts of Physics by HC Verma. This book is renowned among all circles of JEE aspirants, and for good reason as well. Once students are through with the NCERT for a certain topic, they consult this book in order to improve their grasp on the concepts, and practice numerical problems.
- If you are looking to build on your JEE advanced preparation, and have a clear understanding of physics concepts, it might be time to consult Problems in General Physics by IE Irodov. Considered one of the best reference books for advanced problems, Irodov has chapter-wise solutions and answers to questions at the end. It is advised for students to use this book as a reading resource in free time.
- Objective questions on Physics by DC Pandey is another great book to practice physics problems. By Arihant publications, this book includes some amazing practice problems for both JEE main and advanced examinations. If you have a clear understanding of the NCERT concepts for physics, you can certainly begin solving problems in the book.
- When it comes to chemistry, the NCERT books for class 11 and 12 are the Bible for all students. For instance, inorganic chemistry questions from all chapters are asked almost exclusively from the NCERT, both in the JEE main and advanced. Students are advised to read the NCERT chemistry books as often as possible, as they define all crucial theories along with illustrated examples to help students grasp concepts instantly. There is no better book for building your chemistry concepts!
- OP Tandon has written two books for JEE preparation, revolving around concepts of physical and organic chemistry.
- Physical chemistry by OP Tandon includes the entire syllabus, with topics such as Atomic structure, radioactivity, and stoichiometry. With both theoretical and numerical problems, this book is a must have for physical chemistry. Especially for JEE advanced aspirants, this book presents a rich question bank of practice problems.
- Organic chemistry by OP Tandon includes the entire organic chemistry syllabus for the study of JEE aspirants. With question types including but not limited to assertion reason, matching type, and multiple choice questions, this book is made for those who want to give their all to the JEE advanced preparation process. One of the best books for practicing organic chemistry concepts, this is another must have!
- If you are not satisfied with the subject matter for organic chemistry given in the NCERT, and want to go a step further, we suggest you read Inorganic chemistry by JD Lee. A superb book that covers all concepts and exceptions, with various practice questions, JD Lee should be enough to take you all the way in terms of the JEE syllabus for inorganic chemistry.
- For building basic concepts and understanding, the NCERT class 11 and 12 books are a great place to begin. The language is easy to understand, and with so many solved examples, students can easily get a grasp of all important concepts.
- Further practice can be effectively started by using RD Sharma’s mathematics books for class 11 and 12. Both volumes cover all concepts and topics relevant to the JEE main and advanced syllabus, with problems and examples for students to understand better. If you are looking for a book that includes practice questions for both JEE and other engineering entrance exams, then look no further than RD Sharma.
- If you want to strengthen your coordinate geometry and trigonometry concepts, then SL Loney would be the answer to all your problems. Both of SL Loney’s books, on plane trigonometry and plane coordinate geometry are bestsellers when it comes to JEE aspirants. With sound concepts, easy to understand language, and problems for practice, these books are hot favourites of all top JEE rankers, since coordinate geometry and trigonometry are crucial concepts from the JEE point of view.
There you go! You now know what books to consult!
If you have ever been scared or tensed when it comes to the JEE preparation, we hope that we were able to ease some of the tension with our help! The best books to consult during your JEE prep can do wonders, and improve your ranks beyond what you may imagine!
HC Verma and Irodov’s physics books, OP Tandon’s chemistry, and SL Loney’s math texts are some of the absolute best books when it comes to JEE preparation. Add to that a little bit of the evergreen NCERT books, and you have a splendid formula for JEE success!
So, what are you waiting for!
Get your hands on one of these books, and start solving!
Comment and share this tidy piece of info with your friends, and help them get better ranks in the JEE too! If you liked this post, there are more from where this came. Stay tuned and come back for more good stuff!