CBSE keeps bringing new changes and updates in its exam pattern or syllabus to make it better for the students. Following the same pace, it has again rolled out the latest update that has brought good news for aspiring doctors planning to prepare for NEET. Students preparing for Class 10 CBSE board exams 2020 now have the option to choose Basic Mathematics.
Commenting of the benefits and scope of Basic Mathematics in Class 11, teachers said that it will make students eligible for the most important medical entrance exam – NEET. Given below are some more points, you need to know:
- This will be the first time, CBSE will conduct the Basic Mathematics exam.
- As per the new updates, students can choose Basic Mathematics instead of Standard Mathematics for CBSE class 10 board examination 2020.
- There will be a separate exam code and question paper for the newly added subject.
- Score and examination code of Basic Mathematics will be added on the certificate of the students.
- Students who want to choose Basic Mathematics need to do it while filling the LOC before September 30, 2019.
- Basic Mathematics is a simpler version of the ‘Standard Mathematics’ introduced in 2019 for the students who don’t want to continue the subject in higher classes and find the level of Math difficult in Class 10.
- Students who choose Basic Mathematics will not be able to choose Math in class 11 and 12.
- Students opting for Basic Mathematics can take up Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science or IP in 11 and 12 class. Further, these students are also eligible to apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET).
The details provided are based on the CBSE circular released this year by the exam conducting body.