Along with the NEET 2021 preparation strategy, study tips and tricks, it’s equally important to pay attention to common mistakes candidates make while preparing for the exam. Students can considerably increase their NEET 2021 marks and level up their rank by not making the following mistakes.
Read: Step by step process to fill NEET 2021 application form through online mode @ ntaneet.nic.in
- Less attention to NCERT Books
NCERT is the bible for the candidates preparing for NEET 2021. It is the closest and most significant guide for the exam preparation. There is a possibility that you will find questions based on or similar to NCERT solved examples and back exercise questions. Some biology questions are framed directly and ditto from NCERT books in NEET question papers. Taking NCERT lightly can cost you heavily and ‘negatively’ in the NEET 2021 Exam.
- Measuring progress in terms of Number of hours put in preparation
Do not count the number of hours, instead Count the number of MCQ’s which you were able to attempt correctly at that time. Count the number of questions which initially made you feel clueless, but now you are confident with which concept to apply in it. Eventually, it’s the number of correct answers that will count in NEET 2021 Result.
Measure your progress in a given time, by the number of chapters you have managed to convert into your strengths over that time.
- Ignoring the chapters that you find hard to understand
There is a phrase that says ‘the best way to solve a problem is to face it’. NEET 2021 is a national level examination with the neck to neck competition and marks in the merit list differing by small margins. One simply cannot afford to go easy in the NEET 2021 preparation.
Ignoring a problem will only make it bigger. It is essential to rack your brains, make efforts to grasp and get a grip on the chapter, rather than running away from it. Take full advantage of technology, watch online videos by experienced educators. Understand a biological process or a concept by its 3D representation. It will help you understand, visualize and connect processes/concepts. You can also take live classes so that your doubts are cleared at your convenient time with personal attention.
- Too many study resources
Too many books are waste of time and money. One reference book along with the chief and principal NCERT is just adequate for NEET 2021 Preparation. The reference books can be the coaching study material, which along with class teachings is an amalgamation of years’ of experience and hard work to present the concepts in a sure-shot and simplified manner.
Do not scatter your efforts and energy on many resources, instead, concentrate on quality content and be confident about it. You can use a mix of printed books, recorded video lectures and e-Books to understand difficult topics.
- Being underconfident
Believe in yourself, your hard work and your guardian’s blessings. Do not underestimate your efforts or be under confident with your learning. Getting too much nervous before the exam is one mistake that directly affects the performance of the candidates in the exam.
Common Mistakes to Avoid at the NEET 2021 Examination Centre
- Reaching your NEET 2021 Exam Centre late.
- Forgetting to carry your NEET 2021 admit card with affixed photograph. The photograph in the admit card should be same as the one submitted in the NEET 2021 application form
- Not taking the printout of postcard size photograph. This postcard size photograph should be 4×6 in size and should also have your name and date.
- Not carrying a few extra passport size photographs, which will be collected in the examination hall
- Carrying bared items in the examination hall
- Feeling nervous when filling up the details on your OMR Sheet and marking the response.
- Wasting a lot of time on difficult questions. You should rather move on to the easy questions and attempt the difficult ones at last if you are left with some time.
Wish you all the very best for NEET 2021!