It is crunch time for all NTSE 2020 aspirants! Here’s all you need to know about last-minute, tips, questions, and important things to keep in mind for the NTSE 2019-20.
NTSE- the first big platform for students
Examinations and Olympiads form an integral part of the Indian education framework. The first big platform that students are exposed to is the NTSE, which stands for the National Talent Search Examination. It aims at recognizing students with exceptional aptitude and skill, and reward such talented students.
You’ve prepared all you could for the NTSE 2019-20. What now?
The last few weeks before the examination present a critical junction. One can significantly boost confidence and scores in the exam by following a few simple practices and keeping in mind certain facts about the exam. Here we go!
Previous year papers for NTSE are the way to go
- Whatever exam you may appear for, previous year papers are a must-solve. They give you an idea of the pattern and type of questions to expect from the examination, and the NTSE is no different.
- Students do not have time to revise and revisit all the concepts from classes 9 and 10. Therefore, it makes the most sense to look for and solve sample papers and previous year papers, since it will provide the best type of revision for students.
Consult your notes
- It is advisable for candidates to keep a notebook handy with important formulae and concepts, and revise this a day before the exam.
- This helps them keep important topics fresh in the mind, and quick revision of diagrams and formulae is always handy.
When in the exam room, don’t panic!
- Before appearing for the exam, make sure to compose yourself. You’ve prepared very well, the paper is going to be great, and you’ll sail through! Keep in mind the following last-second tips to help you stay on track.
- Do not get stuck on a single question. As it is, you are not expected to solve each and every single question in front of you. If you struggle with a certain problem, move on, and find yourself an easier one!
- Answer all unattempted questions. NTSE stage 1 does not have negative marking, so there is no harm in trying your luck. Who knows how many extra marks your luck may fetch you!
Work with your strengths
- If you are good at a certain type of question, look for those in the exam and solve them first.
- Some question types, such as completion of a number series, are asked very often in the exam. It is advised to practice these types as much as you can, and develop them into the strength of yours. It’ll only help you beat the competition!
Now you know what to do!
With just a little bit of time to go before the NTSE, remember the tips we gave you, and watch how your scores skyrocket! Play to your strengths, keep notes handy, keep practising sample papers, and voila! That is all it takes.
Share this with your friends!
If you benefitted from the tips we gave you, why not help your friends out? Share this article with them if you think it helps! Comment below with your views, and keep coming back for more. Stay tuned!