A life without a goal is meaningless. Setting goals and having a profound desire to achieve them are the two vital driving forces that lead to an accomplished life. These goals potentially direct our life in the right direction, and a strong urge to achieve them is what keeps us going. However, becoming successful is not always an easy task, as achieving goals in life remains a matter of strong will power, hard work, determination, and dedication.
Turning a dream into reality is one of the biggest triumphs a person can achieve in life. Thus, we should always chase our dreams while working to our full capacity.
JEE 2020: Importance of Aim in a Student’s Life
An achievable aim makes a student disciplined and provides him/her with a direction in life. Aims formulate the individual targets and goals of students which eventually help them in making important life decisions. It builds their capacity to learn and motivates them to do what is best for them.
According to research, formulation of own learning goals by students enhances their self-esteem and will power. They experience a boost in their confidence levels as they take on various challenges on their road to success.
Every year, more than a million students clear 10th board examinations and make one of the most important decisions of their schooling life. They further choose their respective streams and opt for specialized studies in higher classes (11th and 12th). While doing so, many science enthusiasts and engineering aspirants come down in favor of selecting non-medical as their preferred stream.
With an aim to clear the most significant engineering entrance exam of the country, JEE, hundreds of thousands of students compete with each other for availing an esteemed seat in the nation’s top engineering colleges.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is considered as one of the most challenging undergraduate admission tests in the country. It takes commitment and consistent hard work to clear the respective entrance examination. Thus, if you aspire to achieve an overwhelming victory, you need to start your preparations early, preferably from class 11th only.
Benefits of Starting Early: How to prepare for JEE 2020
JEE is constituted by two different exams, JEE-Main and JEE-Advanced. While JEE-Main is the initial examination that allows students to sit for the JEE-Advanced examination, JEE-Advanced specifically opens their doorway to some of the most prestigious institutions in the country, including various Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT’s), NITs, etc. Hence, it is extremely important for you to start your preparations from class 11 itself in order to successfully clear these examinations.
Here are some benefits of starting JEE preparations from class 11:
- The JEE exam comprises of topics from class 11th and 12th The three subjects i.e. physics, chemistry and mathematics formulate the basis of the examination. Thus, if you start your preparations early, you can get a strong hold over the syllabus.
- Starting early massively strengthens your memory as well as grasping ability. Furthermore, starting in class 11 provides you with the much needed two years of preparation time and increases your probability of clearing the exam.
- The 2 years of preparation time allows you to hone your time management skills and focus on your weaker areas.
- According to eminent educators, a student should dedicate at least 1 year of preparation time for clearing JEE. However, preparing for the entrance exam along with class 12 board examinations can emerge as a major problem. This makes starting early more preferable as you can formulate a study routine which is supported by a balanced time allocation model.
- Starting from class 11 gradually helps you to build a steady and distributed step-wise approach. It not only assists you in efficient subject-wise preparations but also helps you to adopt a stress-free regime.
In many cases, students who start their preparations in class 12 face numerous difficulties while preparing for their entrance examinations. They fail to formulate a balanced routine that eventually forces them to take a year gap after the 12th boards. Thus, in order to safeguard yourself, you should start your preparations from class 11 only.
Subject-wise Preparation: JEE 2020
Physics, chemistry and mathematics are the three important subjects that formulate the core of the JEE examination. The syllabus of JEE main and advanced is majorly based on topics (studied in 11th and 12th) related to these respective subjects.
Here are a few tips that will help you in subject-wise preparations:
How to prepare for Physics for JEE 2020
- Physics incorporates important topics like heat and thermodynamics, optics, electrodynamics, modern physics, and mechanics.
- Conduct trend analysis of the subject domain. This will help you in highlighting the areas that require strong preparations.
- Develop a pie-diagram. Designate the biggest parts of the pie to the most prominently covered areas in previous exams.
- Segregate topics according to trends. According to trends, mechanics emerged as the first choice for exam setters followed by questions from errors and measurements, fluids, gravitation, and so on.
- Take reference from reliable sources.
How to prepare for Chemistry in JEE 2020
- The subject majorly encompasses modules like physical chemistry, inorganic chemistry and organic chemistry.
- Conduct a subject-wise trend analysis and develop a pie diagram before developing a study routine.
- In recent years, exam setters have favored questions from kinetics, chemical equilibrium, etc. while decreasing the number of questions from thermodynamics and electrochemistry in the physical chemistry domain.
- In organic chemistry, questions from alkanes, alkynes, polymers, carbonyls have been favored in recent years.
- Under inorganic chemistry, questions from P-block elements and coordination compound have gained prominence. This has been followed by questions from metallurgy, chemical bonding, etc.
How to prepare for Mathematics in JEE 2020
- Consistent practice is the best way to ace in mathematics.
- For the last couple of years, differential calculus has dominated the question papers followed by coordinate geometry.
- Questions on topics like integral calculus, vector analysis, 3D queries have also been incorporated.
- Matrices and determinants, statistics, binomial theorem are some other important topics that you should prepare well.
These above-mentioned pointers can potentially aid you in scheduling your preparations, but excelling in JEE largely depends upon your hard work, guidance and consistency.
Best way to prepare for JEE 2020: Tips & Tricks
At Aakash Digital, we help engineering aspirants to succeed in these examinations and achieve their dreams. Our experienced faculty has formulated specialized courses and products that are capable of clearing your concepts from scratch. They provide consistent support and guide your preparations in the right direction, helping you to excel in the JEE examination.
How to maintain the right balance between JEE 2020 and school exam preparation?
Some useful tips to maintain the right balance between JEE preparations and school exam preparations include:
- Utilize your time wisely and plan a personalized full proof time-table. Make sure that you always work in accordance with a set routine.
- There is no substitute to practice. The more you practice, the better you become. Regular practising of the school syllabus will strengthen your JEE preparations as well.
- Plan your preparation strategies efficiently. This will reduce the scope of confusions and doubts.
- Learn, practice and revise your course from time to time. In case you have doubts, don’t feel shy about taking expert assistance.
JEE preparations and school exam preparations can go hand-in-hand if you dedicate yourself to a set routine. Always remember that time management, hard work, consistency, confidence, and dedication are the key determinants of success. So start your JEE preparations from class 11 itself and give yourself sufficient time to ace the JEE examination.