More than anything, getting top AIR is important for the candidates preparing for JEE 2020. Students leave no stone unturned to achieve top AIR. Though the students fight for top ranks, there are many aspiring candidates, who are confused with the marks they need to achieve the desired rank. If you are also preparing for JEE Main 2020 and confused how many marks you need to score top ranks, check the article below.
JEE Main rank is the biggest parameter for shortlisting of candidates for JEE Advanced after removal of Students appearing for JEE Main 2020 to focus more on getting top ranks and for this, they need to target certain marks as well. Their JEE Main 2020 preparation strategies should be directed towards getting minimum marks required to meet JEE cutoff for admission to NIT, IITs and CFTIs.
JEE Main 2020 Ranking System
With the introduction of two sessions of JEE Main exam from 2019, the merit list will be prepared based on percentile scores of the candidates instead of raw marks. In addition to this, NTA has announced a new marking and ranking scheme for JEE Main 2019. Students preparing for the exam should be aware of the marking and ranking system to take their efforts in the right direction. Given below is the new ranking system for JEE Main 2019:
- Candidates best of two scores will considered for preparation of merit list/ranking
- The four NTA scores of a candidate in Paper-1 of JEE Main 2020 for both the attempts will be merged to prepare the result and rank list
- Each session of the exam will have an independent NTA percentile score where the highest score will be 100 percentile
- Final rank/merit list will be released after the announcement of JEE Main April 2020 results
Tie-breaker rule – Inter-Se-Merit rule
- If two students get 100 percentile, the highest percentile in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics in that order will be used as a tie-breaker
- If the tie still remains, the date of birth will be used and the older candidate will be ranked higher
- If it still remains unsolved, both the candidates will be given the same rank
To understand JEE Main 2019 Ranking System, check the table below:
JEE Main 2020 Rank Calculation for Paper 2
- As paper II will be conducted in a single session, there will be no normalization of scores.
- The rank list will be made by using the best of two by considering the raw scores of both the attempts
- In case to tie in B.Arch. /B. Plan Rank list of JEE Main Paper 2, inter-se-merit rule will be used. To find the top ranker:
- Marks obtained in Aptitude Test will be considered
- Marks obtained in Drawing Test will be considered
- Age of the candidates will be considered
- If the problem still remains unsolved, both the candidates will be given the same rank
To help students understand the marks required for a certain rank, we have given a table below. But before checking the table, students should note that this is indicative in nature. Since it has been prepared on the basis of previous year trends only, changes in the ranks for specific marks can be expected.
JEE Main 2020 Rank Prediction
As the exam gets over, candidates get curious to know their ranks and start looking for the right tools for JEE Main 2020 rank prediction. To help candidates get a right estimate of their marks and ranks, Aakash provides JEE Main 2020 Rank Predictor tool. By following a simple process and providing the required details, candidates can get access to JEE Main rank predictor 2020 and know about their possible ranks even before the announcement of JEE Main result.
To predict their rank in JEE Main 2020 through Aakash JEE Main 2020 Rank Predictor tool, candidates need to provide the below mentioned details:
- JEE Main roll number
- JEE Main expected a total score (Check it with JEE Main Mark Evaluation tool)
- Mobile number
The process to use of Aakash JEE Main 2020 Rank Predictor tool:
Checking JEE Main 2020 ranks through Aakash JEE Main rank predictor tool is quick and easy. You need to follow a simple process to predict your ranks. Here are the steps, you need to follow to use JEE Main rank predictor:
- Enter the required details in the given fields
- Click on submit button
- Check expected rank in JEE Main 2020
Note: The link will be active only after JEE Main 2020 exam is over.
Benefits of JEE Main Rank Predictor 2020
Use of Aakash JEE Main 2020 rank predictor tool is not just limited to getting expected ranks in the exam. It has various other benefits also such as:
JEE Main College Predictor 2020- JEE Main rank predictor gives candidates an idea of the possible colleges they are likely to get admission to.
List of B.Tech Programmes – Candidates can also get a list of the B.Tech programmes they will be eligible to choose based on their rank.
About JEE 2020
JEE Main is a national level entrance exam that used to be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and from 2020 onwards, it will be conducted by newly formed National Testing Agency (NTA). This is a crucial exam for the candidates seeking admission to undergraduate engineering programmes at IITs, NITs, CFTIs, Indian School of Mines (ISM), Dhanbad and other engineering institutes.
Noticeable changes in JEE 2020:
- JEE Main 2020 will be conducted by NTA
- The exam will be conducted only in the online format
- JEE Main 2020 will be conducted twice: first in January and second in April
- Best of the two scores will be used to shortlist candidates for JEE Advanced 2020
- JEE Main 2020 will be conducted on multiple days