JEE main is the most renowned entrance exam for admission to prestigious engineering institutes in India such as NITs, IIITs, CFTIs and also becomes 1st step for getting entrance to IITs. The candidates have to qualify the JEE Main exam by securing minimum cut-off marks. Earlier CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) used to conduct the JEE Main exam, but from 2019 onwards NTA (National Testing Agency) started conducting the exam.
The JEE Main 2021 will be conducted in fours sessions – February, March, April and May. To download the admit card for the first session of JEE Main 2021 exam, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps:
How to download JEE Main 2021 admit card?
To download the admit card for JEE Main 2021, you will find two options as mentioned below. You will not receive the admit card by post or any other means. Hence, follow the steps mentioned below to download your JEE Main admit card:
- Firstly, go to the official JEE website that is www.jeemain.nic.in
- Click on JEE Main 2021 admit card link to get your admit card.
- Now, you have two methods to download your admit card. They are:
– By using the application number and password
– By using the application number and your date of birth
In case you do not remember your password, you can go for the second method.
Downloading admit card using application number and password
- Click on the link ‘through application number and password’.
- You will be asked to enter your application number and then the password that you entered during the registration.
- After that, enter the security pin to log in to your account.
- Click on the ‘download admit card’ button to download your JEE Main 2020 admit card.
Downloading admit card using application number and date of birth
- Click on the link ‘through application number and date of birth’.
- Fill-in your JEE Main application number that you got at the time of registration.
- Enter the date of birth you entered during registration.
- Now, enter the security pin to log in.
- Click on the ‘download admit card’ to obtain a copy of your JEE Main 2021 admit card.
You should save the admit card for future reference and at least 2 clear print outs of the same. You will have to carry the admit card along with you on the examination day.
What if I forget the Application Number for JEE Main?
To download your admit card, you need to have the application number. In case you forget your application number, you can retrieve it by following the steps mentioned below:
- Click on ‘I can’t access my account’.
- Now click on the ‘Forgot Application Number’ button.
- For verification purposes, you will be asked to enter details like Candidate’s Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, State of Eligibility and lastly the Security Pin.
- Once you have entered these details, tap the ‘Submit’ button to retrieve your application number.
If your issue is still not resolved, you can contact NTA (National Testing Agency) to get your problem solved.
Instructions for JEE Main candidates
- All the candidates are required to carry the following documents along with the JEE Main admit card on the exam day:
- A passport-sized photograph (it should the same as the one you used during the registration).
- A valid identify proof – Aadhar card, Voter ID, Passport, School ID card, PAN card, Driving License, Ration card, 12th class mark sheet or bank passbook with a photograph
- In case a candidate belongs to the PwD category, he has to carry to the PwD certificate.
- The candidates are not allowed to carry any kind of electronic gadget (like a mobile phone or calculator), instruments (like a compass), handbag, purse, any kind of paper, eatables, cold drinks, water, camera or any metallic item inside the examination hall.
- Candidates must not indulge in any sort of unfair means during the examination.
- Try to reach the exam center at least two hours before the start of your exam.
JEE Main 2021 Last minute tips
Here are certain do’s and don’ts during the week before your JEE Main exam:
- Do not start studying a new concept as it can impact your whole preparation. Doing so will only demotivate you and increase your stress.
- Concentrate on the important topics carrying high weightage and are quite scoring. You can go through these topics from the notes you made during your prep.
- Avoid studying for long hours as you will lose focus. Take small breaks of 5-10 minutes to regain your concentration.
- To avoid hassle on the final day, arrange all the necessary documents (as mentioned above) before the day of the exam.
- Revise all the important formulas, concepts through the revision notes or flashcards.
- Practice at least one mock test daily to analyze your score and time strategy.
- Meditate for 15-20 minutes to stay focused.
When the D-Day arrives, do not panic and try to keep as calm as possible. Remember, you have prepared for JEE for the past one or two years and you can clear the exam by staying positive. All the best for your JEE Main 2021!
PS: Enroll for Aakash Digital’s online JEE crash course to manage your timings effectively and boost your rank in the exam.