Usually, students make small mistakes while filling JEE Main application form that at times result in the rejection of their candidature for JEE. To ensure that candidates don’t miss the opportunity to appear for JEE 2020, the National Testing Agency (NTA) opens a form correction window. Candidates who have already filled the form can visit the official website and can correct mistakes they made in JEE Application form 2020. JEE Main application form correction 2020 window for April session will be opened tentatively in the second week of March 2020.
During the JEE Main form correction process, candidates will be able to correct or edit the details they provided during the registration process. This facility is available only for the candidates who had already submitted duly filled JEE Main 2020 Application Form along with the application fee. Continue reading to know more about the correction process and the steps you need to follow the correct mistakes in your JEE 2020 application form.
JEE Main 2020 Form Correction – Important Dates
|S. No||Event||Important Dates|
|1||JEE Main 2020 Application Form Filling Dates||February 7 to March 7, 2020|
|2||Start Date of JEE Main 2020 Application Correction Window||Second week of March 2020|
|3||Final Date of JEE Main 2020 Application Correction Window||Third week of March 2020|
JEE Main form correction steps to follow:
Candidates need to visit the official website of JEE Main to correct mistakes in their application forms. As this will be your last chance to edit the form, make sure you provide all the correct details as the mistakes or any discrepancies in the form and documents can cause cancellation of your JEE Main 2020 application form. Given below are the steps you need to follow for JEE 2020 application form correction:
- Visit the official website of JEE Main: jeemain.nta.nic.in
- Click on the application form correction link
- Log in into your account using your application number, password and security code
- Click on the section you want to edit in the form and make the necessary changes
- Carefully check all the details and click on ‘Submit’
Details that you can check during JEE Main form correction 2020 process
- Personal details that include the spelling mistakes
- Academic details like the year of passing or marks
- Choice of paper from Paper I to Paper-II or vice versa
- Language of question paper from English to Hindi/Gujarati or vice versa
- Category can also be changed during the application form correction process. No balance amount will be refunded, if candidates change their category from general to reserved, however, candidates need to pay the balance amount in the opposite situation.
To avail this facility, candidates first need to complete their registration process. Candidates with incomplete application forms for JEE Main 2020 will not be allowed to use this feature. So, make sure you complete JEE Main 2020 application process before 10 OCT 2019.
P.S: Enroll for Aakash Digital’s online JEE crash course to manage your timings effectively and boost your rank in exam.