JEE Main is an engineering exam conducted by NTA for aspirants who want to take admission in reputed engineering colleges such as IITs, NITs, etc. across India. JEE Main result comprises of the actual marks of the candidates and whether or not he is qualified to appear for JEE Advanced.
If you want to check your JEE 2020 result, just follow the steps mentioned below.
How to check JEE Main Result 2020
National Testing Agency will declare the result of JEE Main 2020 online for both the attempts. The result for the second attempt is expected to be declared on 10 or 11 September 2020.
The students can check their results by logging in to the JEE Main portal through Application number and password or roll number and date of birth. To check your JEE Main result just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go the JEE main portal which is www.jeemain.nic.in
- You will find a link called ‘Result’ for JEE Main 2020
- It will automatically redirect you to NTA’s result page
- You can now login using the JEE Main 2020 application number and password or date of birth. Once you input the correct information, click on “Submit”.
- You will be directed to the result screen where you can check your score and rank
- You can download it for printing and future reference
- You must keep the result’s copy safe until the admission process is completed
The JEE Main score contains details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, date of birth, father’s name, category along with the state code of eligibility and NTA score percentile. The JEE Main rank card is a compulsory document for JEE Main counselling purposes.
How to check the result if I forget my roll number?
In case you forgot your JEE Main 2020 roll number, you can try getting your roll number from your admit card. All you need is to download your admit card from the official website.
How to download your JEE Main 2020 admit card?
You can go for this method only if the JEE Main admit card link is still active. If you find the admit card link functional, you can download the admit card using your application number and password or date of birth. You will find your JEE Main 2020 roll number on the admit card.
How is JEE Main 2020 result prepared?
The JEE 2020 result is not the raw score of the candidates; rather it has the percentile/NTA scores. Your final All India Rank is based on the percentile scores of candidates appeared for the exam. Let us see how the percentile score is calculated while preparing the result:
Firstly, the raw score is calculated using the marking scheme that is +4 for a correct attempt and -1 for an incorrect attempt. After that, the percentile score is calculated using the following formula:
JEE Main 2020 Ranking System
NTA has come up with an updated marking and ranking system for JEE Main 2020 exam. As per the new scheme, the below-given process will be used to calculate JEE Main 2020 rank:
- There will be a separate NTA percentile score for each session with the highest score being 100 percentile.
- Once all the sessions are over, the exam conducting body will prepare a master NTA score to create a final rank list.
- As per the final ranking, the score of the top-ranked candidate will be 100 percentile.
- As a tie-breaker rule for more than one candidates with 100 percentile score, highest percentile in Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics will be calculated in the same order.
- It the score still remains the same, the older person will get the top rank.
The JEE Main result 2020- expected cutoffs
The cutoff score is the minimum score that must be achieved by candidates to qualify the JEE Main. The cutoff scores generally vary from category to category. Candidates crossing the cutoff score will be allowed to sit for the JEE Advanced 2020 exam.
The following are the cutoff scores for the JEE Main 2019, which will give students a fair idea of the expected cutoffs for the JEE Main 2020.
Common rank list- 89.75 PwD- 0.1137
General EWS- 78.21
The JEE Main 2020 cutoffs depend on the total number of students appearing for the exam, the number of seats available in institutes considering JEE Main scores, and the difficulty level of the examination.
What happens after the JEE Main 2020 result?
Here are some of the important highlights of JEE Main 2020 result:
- Once the JEE Main 2020 result is declared, the data is given to JAB/ JoSSA or the concerned government or institute for Seat allocation. The result shows whether a candidate is qualified for JEE Advanced or not (based on the eligibility criteria).
- The AIR for the JEE Main 2020 will be declared after the conduct of the April JEE Main 2020 exam.
- In case an institute does not use the Centralized Seat Allocation Process, they will prepare their own ranking based on the performance in JEE Main 2020 and their own criteria.
- The top 2,50,000 rank holders will be meeting eligibility criteria for the JEE Advanced exam will qualify.
Once you are done with JEE Main, be sure to give your best for JEE Advanced. The last one and a half month are instrumental for your success. This phase even after the exams are done is crucial. Students need to be vigilant about various other processes as well.