JEE Main is an engineering exam conducted by NTA for aspirants who want to take admission in reputed engineering colleges such as IITs, NITs, etc. across India. JEE Main result comprises of the actual marks of the candidates and whether or not he is qualified to appear for JEE Advanced.
If you want to check your JEE 2020 result, just follow the steps mentioned below.
How to check JEE Main Result 2020
National Testing Agency will declare the result of JEE Main 2020 online for both the attempts. The result for the January attempt will be declared on 31 January 2020 and for the April attempt, the date is 30 April 2020.
The students can check their results by logging in to the JEE Main portal through Application number and password or roll number and date of birth. To check your JEE Main result just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go the JEE main portal which is www.jeemain.nic.in
- You will find a link called ‘Result’ for JEE Main 2020
- It will automatically redirect you to NTA’s result page
- You can now login using the JEE Main 2020 application number and password or date of birth. Once you input the correct information, click on “Submit”.
- You will be directed to the result screen where you can check your score and rank
- You can download it for printing and future reference
- You must keep the result’s copy safe until the admission process is completed
The JEE Main score contains details such as the candidate’s name, roll number, date of birth, father’s name, category along with the state code of eligibility and NTA score percentile. The JEE Main rank card is a compulsory document for JEE Main counselling purposes.
How to check the result if I forget my roll number?
In case you forgot your JEE Main 2020 roll number, you can try getting your roll number from your admit card. All you need is to download your admit card from the official website.
How to download your JEE Main 2020 admit card?
You can go for this method only if the JEE Main admit card link is still active. If you find the admit card link functional, you can download the admit card using your application number and password or date of birth. You will find your JEE Main 2020 roll number on the admit card.
How is JEE Main 2020 result prepared?
The JEE 2020 result is not the raw score of the candidates; rather it has the percentile/NTA scores. Your final All India Rank is based on the percentile scores of candidates appeared for the exam. Let us see how the percentile score is calculated while preparing the result:
Firstly, the raw score is calculated using the marking scheme that is +4 for a correct attempt and -1 for an incorrect attempt. After that, the percentile score is calculated using the following formula:
The percentile score is calculated for the overall scores as well as for the subject-wise score. To calculate the subject wise score, we use the following formula:
With less than a month to go for JEE Main in January, students must put the pedal to the metal. Revising the chapters you are good at and taking mock tests at regular intervals is going to be the key.
What happens after the JEE Main 2020 result?
Here are some of the important highlights of JEE Main 2020 result:
- Once the JEE Main 2020 result is declared, the data is given to JAB/ JoSSA or the concerned government or institute for Seat allocation. The result shows whether a candidate is qualified for JEE Advanced or not (based on the eligibility criteria).
- The AIR for the JEE Main 2020 will be declared after the conduct of the April JEE Main 2020 exam.
- In case an institute does not use the Centralized Seat Allocation Process, they will prepare their own ranking based on the performance in JEE Main 2020 and their own criteria.
- The top 2,50,000 rank holders will be meeting eligibility criteria for the JEE Advanced exam will qualify.
Once you are done with JEE Main, be sure to give your best for JEE Advanced. The last one and a half month are instrumental for your success. This phase even after the exams are done is crucial. Students need to be vigilant about various other processes as well.