Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) – As the name suggests, it is an on-going national scholarship program initiated and funded by the department of science and technology, Government of India. This, mainly is to encourage the students who want to pursue their career in science or those who want to do research in this particular field. The main purpose of this exam is to identify the students who have the potential to achieve bigger and help them realize that they can participate in future researches and projects related to science with their brilliant mind.
Students who manage to clear the exam of KVPY, as well as the interview, are directly elected to study in top institutes like IISc and the IISERs. A generous fellowship is provided to the selected KVPY students up to the pre-PH.D. level. Not only this, but summer camps are also organized for the fellows in prestigious institutions and education research.
KVPY Syllabus 2019 and other information
So clearly, it is a win-win situation for the students and they should definitely think of appearing in this exam and for that, they need to know KVPY exam syllabus 2019. A lot of people are unaware of complete details about the exam and they miss things which they regret later. So, know about KVPY eligibility criteria, KVPY 2019 syllabus, KVPY selection procedure and benefits.
- Students from XI standard with science subjects who have scored a minimum of 75% and an aggregate of 65% in science and mathematics subjects in their secondary examinations are eligible to take the KVPY exam 2019.
- Students enrolled in XII standard who have scored a minimum of 75% and an aggregate of 65% with science and mathematics subjects in their secondary examinations and a minimum of 60% and an aggregate of 50% in their higher secondary examinations are also eligible to sit in the KVPY exam.
Considering, KVPY exam is a written aptitude test, there is no particular KVPY syllabus assigned to it. The point of this exam is to test the analytical ability of the student. The KVPY syllabus includes the syllabus up to class X / XII / 1st year of BSc / B.S. / B.Stat. /B.Math. / Int.MMSc. / M.s. as applicable.
Aptitude Test: After going-over with the application forms and meeting of the Kvpy eligibility criteria, there is a written test in both languages, Hindi and English held on the first Sunday of November at different examination centres all over the country. The venue and the other details are announced on the KVPY exam website a few weeks before the examination is held.
Interview: This is the final part of the KVPY exam. After the written aptitude test, shortlisted students are brought in for the last round of the selection procedure.
The merit-list will depend upon the performance in the aptitude test with a weight of 75% and 25% on how well the interview goes.
- The scholarship you get with this program is pretty inspiring. In the first three years of your graduation course, you are offered a scholarship of 5000 INR every month then it increases to 7000 INR per month up to pre-PH.D. level.
- The students who clear the KVPY exam 2019 have to take part in a science project or research under a professional specializing in respective fields. Being a part of an actual project may increase your chances to have a successful career in your future.
- The syllabus of JEE and NEET are quite similar to this exam. So you can simultaneously prepare for other entrance examinations too. Also, getting admissions to prestigious institutions gets much easier with KVPY exam preparation.
- Having a stamp of clearing this exam on your CV will make you stand out of the crowd. As KVPY exam fellowship is one of the most celebrated titles while you are in college, it will help you earn a lot of respect as compared to other students.